World Trade Center Dublin is proud to operate a highly successful internship programme for young professionals at the beginning of their career. Our interns are awarded the title “International Trade Associate” and assist the full-time team on a number of different projects and tasks.
The role sits with one of the world’s most respected and professional organisations. The World Trade Centers Association employs thousands of people worldwide and influences international business on a daily basis. From our offices in Dublin City Center, the WTCD is developing an online international trade offering to showcase products and services around the world. Key to the role of ‘International Trade Associate’ is the ability to assist and support trade advisory services around the world. Key to the role of ‘International Trade Associate’ is the ability to assist and support trade advisory services to clients. Business areas will include export marketing, procurement, supply chain & logistics, customs and finance.
- Studying for or completed a degree in business, politics, economics, finance or management.
- Interest in international business or trade.
- Very strong communication skills.
- Strong research and reporting skills.
- Effective in identifying problems, seeking pertinent data.
- Flexibility and openness.
- Commitment to exceeding client expectations and delivering the highest standard in customer service.
- Web and phone based support with external queries.
- Contribute to ongoing sales and provide input to development of products and services.
- Assist with and support meetings with SMEs locally to showcase trade advisory capabilities, products, channel partners and client offerings.
- Participate in meetings and groups to tailor our product offerings for traders.
- Assist in conducting member assessments and vetting.
- Support the development of member and user training guides.
- Act as a point of contact in providing support to members and partners regarding queries on services, portal usage and benefits of membership.
- Supporting products development and testing – member online services.
- Business Problem-Solving Capabilities.
- Customer Service.
- Increased Understanding of Practical Business Matters.
- Improved Negotiation Skills.
- Teamwork in a Professional Setting.
- Empathy, tact and patience skills developed.
If you are interested in taking up an internship position at World Trade Center Dublin, please complete the following questionnaire.
Please send this along with your CV and Cover Letter (no longer than one page) to Mary Foley O’Hanlon.
Please include the Subject Title: Internship Program_(Include Intended Start Date)_Name
Relevant applications will be requested to complete a short telephone interview after which, successful applicants will receive an offer.